Dive for Cascais
Dive for Cascais
Project that has adopted a local dive site in Cascais Bay in order to monitor and remove any debris found in the area through monthly underwater cleanups undertaken by volunteer divers. Each cleanup is accompanied by marine debris survey sheets that are then shared with PADI DIVE AGAINST DEBRIS initiative. The project also aims to provide an opportunity for younger generations of Cascais to be an active part in cleaning our bay by being a part of our divers’ team.
Apply for a diving scholarship!
Dive for Cascais offers annual diving grants for the PADI Open Water Diver Course with an 80% payment contribution. The grants are intended for people between 18 and 30 years-old that show an interest in joining the team of volunteer divers and help us in at least five underwater cleanups. Applications require the signing of a pledge of honour, sending a letter of motivation, copy of ID, medical questionnaire and proof of residency to the following email address [email protected]
For more information about diving grants, see our guidelines.
• Opening of applications for diving grants – January 2nd
• Closing of applications for diving grants – February 12th
• Selection of grant winners (interviews) – February 13th and 17th
• Announcement of winners – February 20th
• Official grants’ winners ceremony (Museu do Mar) – March 3rd (6:30pm)
• Pool Sessions – March 4th and 5th; March 11th and 12th
• Ocean dives – March 18th and 19th; March 25th and 26th
• Underwater cleanups’ schedule:
– 29 April
– 27 May
– 17 June
– 22 July
– 12 August
– 2 September
– 30 September
– 14 October
Note: all dates referring to diving courses and underwater cleanups are mere projections that may change due to weather conditions at the time, among other factors that may affect the holding of these events on the dates indicated.